Significant places in the Clarke Family history.
Some of these are now owned and managed by the NZ Historic Places Trust.

  • The Old VicarageIn 1830 the Rev. Samuel Marsden, the founder of Anglican mission in New Zealand, paid his sixth visit to the Bay of Islands. He had already founded Church Missionary Society (C.M.S.) more»
    Waimate North
  • Waimate North was the fourth mission station formed in New Zealand, and the first attempted settlement away from the coast. After the missionary families were settled in the homes early in 1831, more»
    Waimate North Church
  • The Stone Store is New Zealand’s oldest European stone building. It was built in 1832-36 by the C.M.S. as a secure and fire proof building to house the mission’s goods, replacing the by more»
    The Stone Store
  • James Kemp arrived in 1819. The Kerikeri Mission House is New Zealand’s oldest European building, surviving the Musket Wars, in the 1820s - 1830s. Built for the Rev. John Butler in 1821 - 22 more»
    Kemp House
  • To further his standing in the community and to offer a future to his sons George Clarke began to buy land on the families account. He had a comfortable private income from the farms. In 1840 more»
    The Grove
  • Prospect was built by George Clarke about 1840 for Henry Tacy Clarke, on a site close to the main Waimate - Ohaeawai trail. The house stood on an elevated knoll with extensive southerly and western more»
  • The main block of Pt 18 of 9373, was bought from Burrows (CMS) in 1879. Henry retiring to farming, built the Rodmar home in the 1880’s. Henry Tacy Jnr was born 1883 and Edward Blomfield 1885 more»